Clear Your Clutter
Organizing Genealogical Paper Files
Part 1 Choosing a System
How are your genealogy files arranged? Try using the category filing system. Learn more during the main segment. This will be the first of two parts. After listening to the podcast go to the Resources page to view a list of categories.
This episode is about 17 minutes long. In addition to the main topic, each episode contains, news, and emails received relating to genealogy, history and family reunions.
In this episode:
- News: New database at Ancestry.com, hire a researcher for as little as $55, free digitized books online
- Motivation: Share your research with your family.
- Emails Received: Slave ship Wanderer, Native American Ancestry
- To listen now: click the play button below.
- To download and save on an mp3 player: click the “MP3 File” link below.
Listen to Episode 001: Clear Your Clutter
How do you currently organize your files? After listening to the podcast, do you think you will use the category system? Click the “Add comment” link or email the show firstname.lastname@example.org .
Next Episode October 29, 2006: Telling the Story: Genealogy at Family Reunions